Hospitalist Jobs in Denver
Sunday · August 25, 2019
1 Job in The Mile-High City
Photo: Denver skyline viewed during the Spring in the morning.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
This locum tenen position offers competitive compensation.
This locum tenen hospitalist job (Hour outside of Denver) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Length Of Assignment: 12-24 to 31.
- Location: Hour outside of Denver.
- PT and OT are available seven days per week.
- Patient demographic: White 61%, Hispanic 34%, African American 3%, American Indian 1% and Other (Asian/Samolian) 1%.
- Come Spend your Christmas in Beautiful Northeastern Colorado just a little over an hour outside of Denver.
- With a Level III Trauma Center, a 24-hour Emergency Room and many other services, the hospital chiefly serves a two-county area of 35,000.
- EMR: EcWorks, Medhost.
- Average LOS 20 days, average age of patient is 80, voluntary unit.
- Dates Needed: December 24-31.
- Average daily census on med surg is 5 and Gbhu is 12.
- Patient Volume: Around 20.
- Preferred Training & Experience: Board certified or Board eligible within 6 years of completing residency.
- 14 bed geriatric behavioral health unit specializing in dementia and dementia related behaviors.
- Medical needs managed by hospitalist.
- Facility Type: Hospital.
- Speech, PT and OT available seven days per week.
- Unit is a Distinct Part Unit, acute hospital.
- Two full time Lcsw on staff.
- Preferred Procedures: Vent management, Central Lines, Paracentesis, Lumbar Puncture and emergency cardioversion.
- Support services include laboratory, RT, imaging services 24X7.
- A background in Critical Care is strongly preferred, must be able to manage a vent.
- Number of Physicians & Support Staff: 2 General Surgeons, 1 Orthopedic Surgeon, 1 Psychiatrist, 2 OB/ GYN, 1 Pediatrician, 2 FP's,1 Urologist, 24 hour Lab, Respiratory therapy, Imaging, and Speech.
- Specialty Needed: Hosp.
- Average LOS for med surg is 3 days and 20 days for the Gbhu.
- Facility: 50-bed acute-care hospital, fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
- Medical management for the Gbhu would be every third day, unless there is a new admission.
- Hospitalist is responsible for the med-surg unit consisting of 12 beds, a 6 bed ICU, and a 14 bed Geriatric Behavioral Health Unit.
- Expected daily patient volume: Locums will see 3-5 patients per day in addition to geriatric unit.
This locum tenen job from Alliance Recruiting Resources was last open on Aug 16.